Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DaHolla
Frequent Visitor

Dual Mode Inconsistency

I am writing a measure that uses a sales table (direct query) and our date (dual) table. The sales table has some aggregate (import) tables as well. The measures uses SUMMARIZE, and when I write the measure (Summarize Test, below) using the aggregate tables, it works as expected. However, when the same measure (Summarize Test 2, below) uses the detail table, I get the "The column 'DayOfWeek' specified in the 'SUMMARIZE' function was not found in the input table" error:

Summarize Test =
COUNTROWS (
     SUMMARIZE (
          Sales_AGG,
          Sales_AGG[Date],
          Sales_AGG[Store],
          'DATE'[DayOfWeek]
     )
)

Summarize Test 2 =
     COUNTROWS (
          SUMMARIZE (
          Sales_Detail,
          Sales_Detail[Date],
          Sales_Detail[Store],
          'DATE'[DayOfWeek]
     )
)

Our date table is a Dual Storage Mode table, so I would expect the measure to work the same as with the aggregate tables. Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @DaHolla 

Is there a relationship between 'Sales_Detail' and 'DATE'? We need more information to judge.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Sorry, I thought I provided the join info in my post!
Sales_Detail is joined to DATE on a datekey, many to one cardinality, single cross filter direction, relationship is active. The join to Sales_Agg is identical.

Hi, @DaHolla 

The direction of the relationship is very important. Generally speaking, the relationship between the calendar table and the main table should be one-to-many, not many-to-one.

vjaneygmsft_0-1627350983625.png

vjaneygmsft_1-1627351017768.png

vjaneygmsft_2-1627351235892.png

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

@v-janeyg-msft 
That appears to be how my tables are setup:

DaHolla_1-1627398984569.png

Hi, @DaHolla 

I test it and it's different with you. Is your DQ data source from powerbi datasets? When you write measure, the fields in the date table should not appear automatically,right? 

vjaneygmsft_1-1627455164458.png

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Hi @v-janeyg-msft,

The fields do appear automatically from the date table, with both the Sales_Agg and Sales_Detail tables. Another reason why I'm so confused the measures behave differently. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please show the relevant part of your data model.

@lbendlin 
Scrubbed, but here are the 3 tables involved:

DaHolla_0-1627398938542.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.