Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dsitribute time spent based on categories

So I have a table that is structured as follows :

CustomerCategoryTimeSummary
Cust ACat13Something
Cust BCat21Something
Cust ACat 22Something
All CustCat12Something

Basically I have a new line each time I do a task for one of my customers (how long I've been on it and in which category it belongs).

When I do a task that benefits all my customer (ie : internal training etc) I give it the customer name of "ALL Cust" and specify a category.

What I need is, when visualising my data in anytype of visualization that implies the time spent per categories,  that this "All customer time" to be evenly distributed amongs all other customer based on the category ...

Do you guys have any idea if it's possible to do that DAX ? I've thought about using the FILTER function but couldn't find anything ...

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can get the time spent per categories by the following measure.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Time]),ALL(Table1),VALUES(Table1[Category]))

Capture.PNG

Please check the pbix as attached. If I misunderstand you, please share your excepted result to me.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  So it isn't exactly what I need, what I want is for the "All Cust" time to be distributed to the SUM of time of EACH other customer based on the category so that at the end I have something like this : 
All Cust Cat1 Time = 2
ALL CustA Cat1 time = 3+((All Cust Cat1 Time)/(Number Of Cust)) which here = 3+1 = 4
ALL CustB Cat1 time = 0+((All Cust Cat1 Time)/(Number Of Cust)) which here = 0+1 = 1
ALL CustB Cat2 time = 1+((All Cust Cat2 Time)/(Number Of Cust)) which here = 1+0 = 0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still searching for a way to do it ... I've found a way to sum it and distribute it WITHOUT keeping the category or to sum the category but WITHOUT being able to distribute it ...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.