Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wsskb

Dropdown based on info from a row NOT columns

Hi,

I am VERY new to powerbi, and need assistance.

I struggle with getting rows from a table (excel) converted in to a drop-down.

This is a simmilar example of the table. I have dates listed in the A-column, and destinations listed in rows.

I need the rows to be in a drop-down, however the only possibility is to have one drop-down for each row, so I am able only to show "dates" in one drop-down like this:

I need the dropdown to list the locations in the rows, so the table can be listed for only the specified location needed.

Appriciate time and assistance from you all.

5 REPLIES 5
RolandsP
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

First, you need to Unpivot all the Location columns in the Query editor. You select all the location field and press Unpivot Columns. Then you have three columns in your table - Date, Location and Status.

You can create 2 slicers in Power Bi. One for date and one for location. 

If you really want that this information is in one slicer, you should create a new column that merges Date and Location columns. 

Hi RoldandsP,

Thank you very much - it actually worked!

I am just worried the table will be different after I refresh the documents with new information.

I have not done that by now, but I will test some more 🙂

Thanks again!

javi0unavailabl
Resolver II
Resolver II

You can use Edit Queries to create a new measured column with "Merge" option. With that, you have one column with all the information you need and use it to the dropdown.

Regards.

I am not sure if I know the exact location you where describing. May you please give some screen caps?

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image is not visible. Could you upload in the drive and send the link

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.