Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Phil_Riley

Drop shadow feature request

Hi Team,

I want to request a drop shadow feature for the border of graphs.  Ideally, it would allow for:

* color of shadow

* size of shadow

* opacity of shadow
* angle of shadow
* adapt to the shape of the graph's corners (square or rounded)

This option would allow stunning visuals without having to:

* Bake the shadow into custom backgrounds

* Update the backgrounds when a graph needs repositioning

* Using a solid shape behind a graph is not a great solution - users can select it, bring it forward and obscure the visuals

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Phil_Riley ,

Share the idea link here then we will vote for it.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Phil_Riley I guess you saw most recent shadow feature, if that need improvement, add it on ideas forum.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hey look at that.. There is a primitive drop shadow feature now available.  I'll update my request over in the Ideas forum.

Thanks for the tip.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.