Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Drop Shadow Effect for all to use

Hello to all,

Seeing that there are some questions about effects seen in the recent Monthly new features videos by Amanda (using the Sunset Layout generously made available by Powerbi.tips website) I have prepared a few files of "Canvases" which include a few effects (Slight Bevel, Drop Shadow...)  to be used in reports. I have uploaded theses files in OneDrive for all to use, and if anyone would like to host them on their website feel free to do so -I'd appreciate a reference, but no problems if not. The folders include PNG files (and PSD files, if someone is interested in doing their own tweaks in Photoshop, Gimp or wherever.) 

Canvas Drop Shadow etc

The shapes temselves are transparent, so adaptable to all report backrounds/pages.
Here are a couple of examples of the "canvas" with Drop Shadow and bevel (except for one) used in a sample page with a dummy report and graphs:

Canvas with Graphs placed on topCanvas with Graphs placed on top

You can import the image using the import "Image" on the ribbon under "Home". Ideally you should use the "·Fit" option under the Format/Scaling menu for the image :

Format Image.JPG

and re-adjust the size and shape to suit your visual. You can, of course, add coloured shapes as backrounds, or use the Backround and formatting options under the Format menu, to your liking. The actual visual can be "layered" on top of the image to generate the drop-shadow effect, using the "Bring Forward"/"Send Backward" options under the Format Menu ribbon.

Please let me know if  there are any particular requests, and I will do my best to comply (though no full commitment to do so)

All the best,

Paul.

PS. If you have any questions, ask away...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@PaulDBrown,

Thanks for the sharing.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.