Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SQL_McOLAP
Frequent Visitor

Drop Down Slicers Keep Reverting To "All" In Their Display. Bug?

Hi -

We have some reports where end users can select any ad-hoc measures (up to 4) in our SSAS tabular cube that they desire.  Each have their own slicer.  The four slicers point to four unrelated tables in the tabular cube that are just a selection of hard-coded measure names, for instance:

Select "measure name" AS [Ad Hoc 1]

UNION ALL

Select "another measure name" AS [Ad Hoc 1]

etc....

We've got a lot of cool dynamic charting and matrix visuals going on, but what's frustrating is that when end users select items from other slicers after having made selections in these four slicers, these four slicers revert to "All" in the display, even though their selection remains in the slicer.  What's even more confusing is that the "Show All" Selection Control of these slicers is set to Off (with "Single Select" set to On) as we force them to select just one valid measure in each.

This is EXTREMELY confusing for our end users.  When they go back to those slicers and hit the down arrow, it immediately pulls up and displays the selection they had already made, but they shouldn't have to do this.

Why does this behavior occur?  Is it a bug?  Is there a way to work around this?

Thanks!

-Phil (SQL McOLAP)

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@SQL_McOLAP,

I can not reproduce it. You may create a support ticket.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Capture.PNG

As shown in the image ,the dropdown is taking "ALL" instead of "MAY".

I want to set the value of month as default and remove ALL.How to fix this.

Please can anyone one help me in fixing this.

Hi Team,

I am also facing the same problem.I want to display the lastest month but it is showing ALL and then i have to select the month.I need to show to the default as month name instead of ALL.

Please help me and revert me ASAP.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors