Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

p_kelly

Drop Down Menu as a Column

Hey Everybody,

I am trying to build out an Account Segmentation Model in Power BI, but I am running into an issue.  I want to give my users the ability to accept/deny my individual recommendations by having a drop down menu as a column.  This is very easy to do in Excel, but I was hoping this was possible in Power BI since you can do so much more in it.  I have play around with parameters, but it will change the value for every row instead of individual menus.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

Drop Down Menu.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @p_kelly,

Power BI is a data analisys software that allows to have insights and treat data in a very fast way, as a data analisys tools does not allow to make changes to the information you have, you may add custom columns and measures but only in a analysis perspective not as an input so what you are looking for is not possiblr on PBI as in any other BI tool.

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Thank you MFelix!  That's what I figured the answer would be.  I use Tableau for almost everything, so I figured I'd test this out in the rare case it was possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.