Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marghe
Frequent Visitor

Drive Time in ArcGIS for Power BI

Hello,

I need to draw radius areas of 400m around each of 14 shcools in my borough. I'm using ArcGis for Power BI mapping and tried to use the drive time function but it only allows me to select 10 schools.

Is there a way around this?

Many thanks,

M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marghe,

Based on ArcGIS official document, it told that the maximum selection locations amount is 10, I think you need to contact to ArcGIS team to know how to increase size limit.

find nearby locations

Create a drive-time area

The Drive time pane lets you find other features on the map that are within a specified distance or driving time of a selected location and save the search area as a polygon layer.

To find features within a specified driving time of a location, do the following:

1. With the ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visual in In-Focus Edit mode, click Drive time Drive time on the map toolbar.

The Drive time pane opens, showing the drive-time selection tools and the number of currently selected items.

2. Click one of the drive-time selection tools to select features on the map to act as the focal point for the search area.

Use the select tool Select to select features one at a time, or the multiselect tool Multiselect to select several features at once. You can select features added from your data or pins added to the map using the Pins button Pin locations. You can also create multiple search areas by selecting features from different areas of the map. Because you can create a search area for up to 10 locations at a time, you can select a maximum of 10 features.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marghe,

Based on ArcGIS official document, it told that the maximum selection locations amount is 10, I think you need to contact to ArcGIS team to know how to increase size limit.

find nearby locations

Create a drive-time area

The Drive time pane lets you find other features on the map that are within a specified distance or driving time of a selected location and save the search area as a polygon layer.

To find features within a specified driving time of a location, do the following:

1. With the ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visual in In-Focus Edit mode, click Drive time Drive time on the map toolbar.

The Drive time pane opens, showing the drive-time selection tools and the number of currently selected items.

2. Click one of the drive-time selection tools to select features on the map to act as the focal point for the search area.

Use the select tool Select to select features one at a time, or the multiselect tool Multiselect to select several features at once. You can select features added from your data or pins added to the map using the Pins button Pin locations. You can also create multiple search areas by selecting features from different areas of the map. Because you can create a search area for up to 10 locations at a time, you can select a maximum of 10 features.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.