Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dude95
Resolver I
Resolver I

Drillthrough with different field name and no relationship

I'm pulling information in from Jira.  I've got an issue table (IssueId is key) and a link table (with SourceId and DestId that are the issue ids for the respective issues)

I'm trying to do a drill through.  One report is the parent request and total number of child issues.  Drill into the second report for a listing of all of those children.

The problem is I can't manage to filter the drill down report to just the ones that the IssueId in the header corresponds to the SourceId in the link table.  I can't put in a relationship with the two fields because I will want to use the DestID (Child Issue ID) in relationship to the header sometimes also.

Here's a pbx with the data.

BTW - posted a question around this yesterday, but feel like this is a different question so posting seperately.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Have now faked it out.  Added measure to table with following

SourceID =
VAR __IssueID = max(JiraHdrSet[IssueId])
VAR __Count = CALCULATE (
COUNT ( JiraLinkSet[SourceId] ),
FILTER ( JiraLinkSet, JiraLinkSet[SourceId] = __IssueID ) )
RETURN
__Count

Added that measure to my table - and it filters out all of the non-relevant tickets.  Change the column name to 1, shrunk the column to not visable.  By no means is it pretty...but it does work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @dude95 ,

I'm assuming that the connection you want to make is the one below correct?

MFelix_0-1596023169007.png

If this is the relation then you have to place on the drill trough the field IssueId and that should work properly.

Please check file attach.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

I can't have this relationship because the relation from the issue header table will sometimes be to SourceId and sometimes be to DestID

Hi @dude95 ,

If you mean drill 'summarize table' to 'detail table' without relationship, it is impossible. the filter can't be pass through summarize table to detail table.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @dude95 ,

How do you know when is one connection or the other one? For the drill trough to work you need to setup the relationship in he tables or trough some kind of measure otherwise the model will not know what you want to filter.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Have now faked it out.  Added measure to table with following

SourceID =
VAR __IssueID = max(JiraHdrSet[IssueId])
VAR __Count = CALCULATE (
COUNT ( JiraLinkSet[SourceId] ),
FILTER ( JiraLinkSet, JiraLinkSet[SourceId] = __IssueID ) )
RETURN
__Count

Added that measure to my table - and it filters out all of the non-relevant tickets.  Change the column name to 1, shrunk the column to not visable.  By no means is it pretty...but it does work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.