Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

udian
Helper III
Helper III

Drillthrough to another report page

Hi,

Although the "Drillthrough to another report page" was completed by microsoft it doesn't solve my problem.

i have a matrix visual displaying the #apyments measure. i want to be able to click a specific measure value in the matrix and drillthrough to a report diplaying all the detailed payments information (sending all filters to the report).

i searched everywhere and saw that there is an option to send filters through reports URL, but that option is also limited.

can this basic need be achived?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@udian,

You'll need to right click a data point and drillthrough to that page.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

didn't exactly understood your answer. are you talking abount the basic drillthrough functionality? 

If so, it is very limited and doesn't support to driil a #Payments measure to see a detaild report with all the payments details.

Thanks

@udian,

Yes, indeed.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-drillthrough/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, but it doesn't solve my problem as the drillthrough option enables to focus on a specific entity such as a supplier in their example. Also, the suppllier name has to be visible on the main report in order to perform the drillthrough. 

i wish to execute the drillthrough from a number representing the number of payments to a detailed report with all those payments details.

@udian,

It works for me, please elaborate.

Hi Sam,

I had to drillthrough a summerized column value to a sub report. I followed "Add a measure to drillthrough option " , in the subreport , i am getting Drillthrough option "Allow drillthrough when summarized" and I have summarized in the main report . But still, I am not getting the link drillthrough in the main report. 

For example, I have a numeric field application id , I see summarize it to the value 4 and in use in the visualization in main page. I have used the field application id as my drillthrough filter in my subpage with option Allow drillthrough when summarized" , still I am not able to see drillthrough option when i right click on the summarized value in the main page .. 

You said it works for me .. Did you tried in the above mentioned manner or something different ?

Hi Sam , 

I had to drillthrough a summerized column value to a sub report. I followed "Add a measure to drillthrough option " , in the subreport , i am getting Drillthrough option "Allow drillthrough when summarized" and I have summarized in the main report . But still, I am not getting the link drillthrough in the main report. But when I put real measure value(For example : Application id instead of Count(Application_id) ) , then I am getting drillthrough value .but thats not suppose to happen as stated in manual. 

When you said , it works for me , Did you tried to right click from your summarized value and able to see Drillthrough ?

Note : I have used the field in the value area as mentioned in this article. Can anyone help me ?

It is not working for me either.  I have a time report where I drill down through counts per month, counts per day,  and then hit counts per hour.  At the counts per hour I want to be able to direct power bi to go to the report of my choice and show the detail for that hour -- which in this case is ticketed events for that hour.

This is very easy to setup in SSRS as all I have to do is right click the data point, choose action, and then have it run the report. I pass time parameters to the targeted report (year, month, day, hour -- and additional criteria to get the ticketed events I need).  However I dont see a way to do this in Power BI.  All of our data is time based so I can really use the product until I can move from counts over time to specific events.  Once that works I can use it A LOT.

I have the same issue. I'm drilling down through a time report. I'm going from year to month, to day, to hour in day. Then I want to be able to click on that hour and see all the event data that came in for that hour.  This is very easy to set up in SSRS as all I have to do is create and action for the datapoint and supply the correct parameters (a begining and ending time parameter [inluding year, month, day, and hour and any more specific fields I might need].  I cant seem to do that here.  Power BI sets up the Year to Hour drill down very quickly, which is nice, but then I'm stuck. I dont feel like I have control over what happens next.  There is no "do this" when this data point is clicked option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.