Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drillthrough to Sliced Page

The new drillthrough is great, but gives a problem when linking to a sliced page.   Lets say your target is a page all about a widget with a widget slicer.  An end user might slice widget A on that page.   Later the user goes to another products page and sees widget B in the list, and drills through to the Widget B page.  It will come up blank as the drillthrough filter is B, but the page is sliced to A, and there is no widget that is both A and B.

Its similar to other discussions of conflicting filters, but the slicer issue seemed different enough to report it.   The only solution I can think of is to duplicate the widget page, one for end user slicing, and one for drill through targets.  Seems like this would be a maintenance headache.

Would be good if a drillthrough looked for any slicers on the page with the same field and either set them to the drillthough value or set it to (all).

- Pete

3 REPLIES 3
dotcs_farrellv
Frequent Visitor

This issue still hasn't been resolved. I think this is a duplicate of https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/31755214-drillthrough-and-slicer-...

Please go there and vote for it to increase the chances they'll fix this. (I agree with those that think this is more of a bug than a feature request - either way I want it fixed)

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

I got response from PG. When we have a slicer on the drill-through page that has the same Field as the drill-through filter, this won't work. Since they are separate filters, they will AND - not OR.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

I can reproduce your issue. I will report this issue internally and post back once I get any feedback.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.