Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NaCl-y
Frequent Visitor

Drillthrough question

I'm using a Clustered column Chart to show progress between "Planned Finish" and "Actual Finish" and i want to show the previous 6 months' delivery KPI after clicking the drillthrough option. However, when i try to connect the drillthrough page to the chart, nothing is happening. Both my "Planned Finish" and "Actual Finish" are measures. 

Below are what i put in my fields and the graph that i want to have the Drillthrough option, as you can see, there's no Drillthrough to another graph.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

I've read on the Microsoft post about how to use Drillthough and it says when we use Measures, you can put measure in the Drillthrough field. 

The sourceThe source

Also, I've looked everywhere on the internet but it says nothing about it, is it possible to do a Drillthrough in a Radial Gauge Visual? If yes how do you do it? 

Thanks in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi  @NaCl-y,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you want to Drillthrough from the Clustered column Chart to Gauge, but it doesn't show Drillthrough when you right click on the value of the Clustered column Chart?

By my test, I could drillthrough from Clustered column Chart  to the Gauge chart in another page.

Untitled.png

If it is convenience, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce your scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Gazzer
Resolver II
Resolver II

You need to make sure that at least one of the fields from the record you are right-clicking on in the first tab, is in the drillthrough filter area of the second tab. Not just the same/similar field from a different query, it needs to be the same field from the same query.

NaCl-y
Frequent Visitor

I am using everything from the same query and my measures are calculated using the elements from the same query,

Looking at the images in your post, I don't see anything that would be passed and act like a filter value. You need something that links the data in the second page to the record you right-click on in the first.

I'm only guessing, but I suspect you are assuming that "Keep all filters" being on is what should make this work, but it doesn't quite work like that.

NaCl-y
Frequent Visitor

I thought to link the drillthrough, you had to put in the field the element that you will click in order to go to the drillthrough page. So in my case, i thought of putting "Plan Finish" and "Actual Finish" in the Drillthrough field. It worked for my other graphs, except this one.

Hi  @NaCl-y,

If I understand your scenario correctly that you want to Drillthrough from the Clustered column Chart to Gauge, but it doesn't show Drillthrough when you right click on the value of the Clustered column Chart?

By my test, I could drillthrough from Clustered column Chart  to the Gauge chart in another page.

Untitled.png

If it is convenience, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce your scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The problem fixed itself by restarting the computer. It seemed like it was bugged. 

Thanks for the help!

To be fair, I have only had a little experience of creating drillthroughs, but as it was earlier today I went back and tried various things to see what would happen. In my case, it only works the way I have described previously.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.