Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Schullzki

Drillthrough only on one visual

Hi Pro's,

I need your help...

I created a drillthrough page on which I want to show two Pie Charts. The first one should carry on the Filter (in my case the distribution on Country level) and the second Pie Chart should show the distribtion on all countries. Nevertheless I can not delete the drillthrough filter from the second pie chart because then it is also deleted from the first Pie Chart and the Drillthrough stops working.

Any Ideas on how I could solve this?

In the screenshot belows both Pie charts show the same filter, which I would like to change.

Thanks in advance

Unbenannt.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Schullzki,

Have you tried the solution provided by @TomMartens above? Does it work in your scenario? If it works, could you accept it as solution to close this thread?

If you still have any question on this issue, feel free to post here. Smiley Happy

Regards

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

due to the nature of the drillthrough page, you have to circumvent the effect you encounter by creating a separarate measure that you use on the pie chart that you want to show the whole value.

Drillthrough pages (for my explanation I will call them detail page) work like following. On the detail page you add a a column to the "Drillthrough filters" section. Now, whenever you select a value from this column on another page, the table is filtered in the context of the selected items.

If you want to circumvent this behavior by writing a separate measure by using something like this

the measure = 
CALCULATE(
  SUM('yourtable'[numeric column used on your piechart]
  ,ALL('table'[column used in drillthrough filters]
)

Hope this helps

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi Tom,

thanks a lot for your reply. I tried to apply the proposed function but I am not super experienced yet and the formula always returns an error saying that "Too many arguments were passed to the sum function".

I am showing the ratio of Styles (Table: Product classification[Style]) based on the key figure Price (table: Sales Information[Price])

The drilldown filter is country in table: Sales Information[Country]. Therefore I used the following formula:

Drilldownprice =
CALCULATE(
SUM('Sales Information'[Price], ALL('Sales Information'[Country])))

Do you see why this is not working?

Thanks so much for the help

BR

Stefan

Hey @Schullzki,

yes I see why my DAX statement wasn't working, I missed a 2 closing parentheses, here it is corrected, one for
SUM( ... ) and for

ALL( ... )

the measure = 
CALCULATE(
  SUM('yourtable'[numeric column used on your piechart])
  ,ALL('table'[column used in drillthrough filters])
)

Sorry for that

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.