Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drillthrough on a month trend but show total year in drillthrough

I have a trend line that goes by month.  I have setup drillthrough's on this tool tip so a user can right click on any week and go into more detail.  However, the drillthrough just shows that month.  Is there a way I can keep the trend on a monthly basis but if a user right clicks and goes to drillthrough the drillthrough shows YTD?  

I want details though.  So the trend is showing sales amounts, if you right click it will take you to a sales detail that has salesmen name and what they sold by date.  Currently it would just show the current month but i want to see detail for the entire year.  This is in a table.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is unavailable to achieve your requirement in your scenario in Power BI.

Recommend you use tooltip to display the sale detail and YTD, see :Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop . Of course, you need to create YTD measure first of all, the formula maybe like DAX below.

YTD=TOTALYTD(SUM([sales]),'Calendar_table'[Date])

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xicai ,

Your answer made sense, and thank you, but it isn't what I was looking for.  

The Trend Line goes by week.  If you right click on one point of the trend line and drill through it automatically filters the information in the drill through to be for that week.  So it will only show sales or whatever in that week.  I want the user to be able to rigth click and drill through on any week but when it pulls up it pulls in all Details for the year up to today.  

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is unavailable to achieve your requirement in your scenario in Power BI. So I recommend you use tooltip to display the sale detail and YTD,

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is unavailable to achieve your requirement in your scenario in Power BI.

Recommend you use tooltip to display the sale detail and YTD, see :Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop . Of course, you need to create YTD measure first of all, the formula maybe like DAX below.

YTD=TOTALYTD(SUM([sales]),'Calendar_table'[Date])

Best Regards,

Amy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.