Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbimatthewwb
Frequent Visitor

Drillthrough on Table Cell Click

Is it possible to perform a drillthrough upon clicking a row in a table? Rather than having the user click drillthrough?

Currently, I have a solution where the user can click on a name in the table and then a card visual next to it will say "View [name selected] drillthrough" with an arrow button assigned to the Drillthrough action. This is done because I'm showing multiple tables on one page, hidden by bookmarks and navigated using buttons. All of which have drillthrough options, but it would be confusing for the user to be viewing a table relating to a specific calculations but have drillthrough options to all available calculations. This current solution works well, however it was requested that this drillthrough action happen upon clicking the name. I don't believe this is possible, but I wanted to check. Is it perhaps possible by using hyperlink functionality?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

There is something like Drill Through Button March 2020 release, but doubt for table

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-march-2020-feature-summary/

Yeah, I'm already using the Drill Through button to achieve the solution now. Was just hoping to reduce the amount of clicks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.