Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drillthrough not working

I have a summary page and a detail page.  Both pages have a field called "Jumbo" (a sku).  On the detail page I put "Jumbo" in the "DRILLTHROUGH" section.  On the Summary page, if I right click "Jumbo", drillthrough does not appear!

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

After looking into your pbix file, the column you put in the Drillthrough filter pane on detail page comes from table JumboRM, while the table visual you would like to perform drillthrough comes from another table Jumbo. Please remove original Jumbo column in Drillthrough filter pane, drag the Jumbo column from Jumbo table to Drillthrough filter pane. In this way, the drillthrough button is available when we right click on the value in summary page. 

As table visual in summary page and detail page comes from different page and there is no relationship, in order to ensure filter is working via the drillthrough action, we need to create a relationship between these two tables. 

Please double check this article to know more information about how to use drillthrough feature: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough. I will send your updated pbix file. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As we discussed offline, the issue is resolved now. I will close this thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

After looking into your pbix file, the column you put in the Drillthrough filter pane on detail page comes from table JumboRM, while the table visual you would like to perform drillthrough comes from another table Jumbo. Please remove original Jumbo column in Drillthrough filter pane, drag the Jumbo column from Jumbo table to Drillthrough filter pane. In this way, the drillthrough button is available when we right click on the value in summary page. 

As table visual in summary page and detail page comes from different page and there is no relationship, in order to ensure filter is working via the drillthrough action, we need to create a relationship between these two tables. 

Please double check this article to know more information about how to use drillthrough feature: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough. I will send your updated pbix file. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Solved my problem

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please follow this article to check if all settings are correct: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough. 

If issue still here, please send the pbix file to my work email. I will share it via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have posted the ppix as you requested but have not heard anything

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Does the issue happen in Power BI desktop or service? If it's possible, please share the pbix file with us. You can upload it to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message. 

Also you can test with our report which works fine on our side to see if the same issue happen. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.