Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BYENER
Helper V
Helper V

Drillthrough is not working correctly

Hi All,

I hope that someone can help me. I am using drillthrough to deepdive in the dataset. The drillthrough can be done on [problemcode]. In the drillthrough tab we can see in which processteps this problemcode was given and by which operator. Herefor I have two tables [screening] and [wip]. The WIP data includes the detail information. 

For example:

If I do a drillthrough on "problemcode A" then I want to see only the processteps for that problem code (only "Screening"), but I see also the other processteps where the unit got other problemcodes.

SerialProblemCodeProcesstep
AAScreening
ABInspection
ACFinal

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@BYENER 

It works as expected based on the active relationship. I believe you are trying to include the Problemcode as well in the active relationship.

Create a new key column in both the tables as below..

image.png

Simply, you could join the tables based on the new column to achieve what you need.

Or 

you have to build a new dimension for Serial and ProblemCode as below and use that to define relationships

Serial       ProblemCode    Key

AAAA
ABAB
BCBC
A A
B B

image.png

Note that I have removed Serial and ProblemCode from other two tables.

The graph in the overview page and drillthrough filter will use Problemcode from the new table.

If it helps, mark it as a solution
Kudos are nice too

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @BYENER ,

I'm not sure if I understand your data model 100%, but I assume that you "just" have 2 tables.

I suggest, that you create a 3rd table: ProblemCode that contains the distinct values. Relate this table to the screening table (on the many side) and the wip table (on the many side).

Use the new ProblemCode table for the table visual and also use this column for the drillthrough.

Hopefully, this provides what you are looking for if not, please consider to create a pbix that contains sample data (but still reflects your data model), upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi @TomMartens ,

How can I attach a .PBIX file?

Br,

Bahar

Can someone help me?

VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@BYENER 

You have to attach the pbix file in onedrive and share us the link.

Connect on LinkedIn

Hi,

See link below.

Link to PBIX 

VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@BYENER 

It works as expected based on the active relationship. I believe you are trying to include the Problemcode as well in the active relationship.

Create a new key column in both the tables as below..

image.png

Simply, you could join the tables based on the new column to achieve what you need.

Or 

you have to build a new dimension for Serial and ProblemCode as below and use that to define relationships

Serial       ProblemCode    Key

AAAA
ABAB
BCBC
A A
B B

image.png

Note that I have removed Serial and ProblemCode from other two tables.

The graph in the overview page and drillthrough filter will use Problemcode from the new table.

Kudos are nice too

Connect on LinkedIn
VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@BYENER 

Do you have Processstep added in your drillthrough filter?

image.png

If so, Do you see it filtered for "Screening" in your detail page after drillthrough?

When there are no direct filter conditions, it will crossjoin to bring in all the data.

Kudos are nice too

Connect on LinkedIn

Hi @VasTg ,

No, I only have "ProblemCode", because the processtep is only in 1 table.

I will add an .pbix file for a better understanding.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.