Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Goofr
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Drillthrough from Table on Measure with Filter

Hi,

I have a Sales table with dimension 'Region' linked to it.

There are many different regions, but I want to report just a couple of them.

Now I don't want to use a Matrix visual, because you can't sort on the columns.

So instead I create different measures for each of the regions I want to report.

I put them all in a table and then everything works fine.

Now I want to create one drill through for the different measures in the sales table.

However this seems impossible. I just can't give the filter context (Region) through to the drill through page.

If someone knows a trick, feel free.

I know the way to do it is using a matrix, with the region in the columns properties, but then I can't sort.

Thanks in advance.

Frank

6 REPLIES 6
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

What do you mean when you say you can't sort the columns? 

Connect on LinkedIn

Hi,

@tex628 : I mean I can't sort the values in the columns of a matrix by clicking on the column header, like you can in a table.

Frank

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Wow, i didn't know that! 🙂 

But if you put your region measures in a matrix without any column dimension you can still add a drill on row level:

image.png

I'm not quite sure if this is what ur looking for, it would be easier if you could post a picture of the desired outcome. 

/ Johannes

Connect on LinkedIn

Hi,

The problem with the matrix is you can't sort, The problem with the table is you can't have a unique drill through page for measures with diff filters because it misses the dimension Region, which do you have in a matrix as column.

I want to sort and have one drill through page 🙂

So I was wondering if someone knew a trick to obtain this.

Frank

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can sort the matrix as long as you dont have any dimension in the column section. Which means that you can have a row level drill and still be able to sort.

Connect on LinkedIn

Ok, I didn't know that.

However I still have the same problem with the drillthroughs.

In the matrix I now have different measures (Filtered on different Regions) but the filter inside those measures can't be read in the drillthrough page. And I don't have that dimension in the matrix either, so it's not passed through.

So I have to create a drillthrough page per measure...

Thanks anyway!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.