Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drillthrough feature with comparing text data by date

Hi community,

I have a dataset that contains project management information with a list date, index, and project characteristics such as status, name etc. However, I want to count the number of projects where there has been a characteristic change from the most recent date. For example, in my picture below, a comparison for 3/10 and 2/2 shows that 2 of the projects have changed, for 3/10 and 2/16 2 projects have also changed. 

Capture.PNG

I have successfully gotten the two dates and the count of the amount of projects that have seen a change. Here are my DAX formulas:

Status Date1 = var a = CALCULATE(MIN(Project[Status]),FILTER('Date','Date'[List Date] = MIN('Date'[List Date])),VALUES('Change Calculations'[CAP #])
)Return
IF(ISBLANK(a),0,a)

Status Date2 = var a = CALCULATE(MAX(Project[Status]),FILTER('Date','Date'[List Date] = MAX('Date'[List Date])),VALUES('Change Calculations'[CAP #])
)Return
IF(ISBLANK(a),0,a)

Status Change = if([Status Date1] <> [Status Date2],TRUE,FALSE)

Count of Status Change =
VAR a =
SUMMARIZE ( 'Date', 'Change Calculations'[CAP #], "a1", [Status Change] )
RETURN
COUNTROWS ( FILTER ( a, [a1] = TRUE () ) )

However, the most important element of this is that the user gets to drillthrough to another page to see the full information of the projects that have changed characteristics. But when I use the "Count of Status Change" on a Gauge viz, it does not correctly filter my drillthrough page to the projects with a status change. 

At this point I'm wondering if there is a calculated column approach or a way to transform my "Count of Status Change" formula so it will correctly slice the data to the projects where there are been a characteristic change through a drillthrough. 

Here is the link to the sample data

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can't reach the sample data.

7.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should be fixed now, @v-jayw-msft  if not let me know and I'll share with you directly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.