Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RoryT
Frequent Visitor

Drillthrough deselection on save and reopen

I have a report in Power BI Desktop that includes a few tables on the first page that allow the reader to drillthrough to other pages in the report. I designate the tables for drillthrough in the Data / Drill > Drillthrough. However, after saving and re-opening this option become deselected again. Is it possible to permanently designate tables for drillthrough?

2 REPLIES 2
v-jianhe-msft
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

>>> Is it possible to permanently designate tables for drillthrough?

So do you want to achieve the effect that when you reopen the report, the drillthrough action is remaining as the last time you close the report? If so, you could use the drill through filter.

For example, I have a table on page 3, and I add a drillthrough filter “Region”, then I add a same filter “Region” on page 4.

1.jpg2.PNG

Then when I select the drillthrough action, e.g. Region B, It can navigate to page 4:

3.jpg

Next time when I open the report, it stills remains “Region B” on page4, which remains the status of “Drillthrough”.

BR,

Henry

Thank you for your response Henry, I've set up a report in the same way you describe, except for one difference. On your page 3 you can select the table, navigate to Visual tools in the ribbon, and select Data / Drill > Drillthrough. This makes it so that instead of right-clicking a region in the table then navigating to Drillthrough to bring up the drillthrough menu (on which you probably just have Page 4), you can instead left click to immediately bring up the drillthrough menu. This is convenient, especially if users don't need to Show Data, or Include or Exclude rows (which are the other options aside from drillthrough when you right click), and they also don't need to filter other visualisations by table row (which is the default left click action for tables)

However, if I set this up then save and reopen, the Data / Drill > Drillthrough option becomes deselected. I'd like this option to stay associated with the table permanently.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.