Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RoryT
Frequent Visitor

Drillthrough deselected on save and reopen

I have a report in Power BI Desktop that includes a few tables on the first page that allow the reader to drillthrough to other pages in the report. I designate the tables for drillthrough in the Data / Drill > Drillthrough. However, after saving and re-opening this option become deselected again. Is it possible to permanently designate tables for drillthrough?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @RoryT,

Unfortunately, there is no method to keep the deselected state after saving and closing report file.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RoryT,

I designate the tables for drillthrough in the Data / Drill > Drillthrough. 

Do you refer to the Drillthrough button?

2.PNG

Could you provide more description about how you "designate the tables for drillthrough" via this option?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yuliana (@v-yulgu-msft),

Yes, that's the button I'm referring to. I select the table, then select that drillthrough button - it seems to stay selected within a single session, but reverts back to the deselected state after saving and closing. Is there a way to make this persist?

Thank you for your help

Hi @RoryT,

Unfortunately, there is no method to keep the deselected state after saving and closing report file.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Hi Yuliana,

I realise this post is quite old (sorry for digging it up again), but do you know if an idea has been raised for this?  I also found the same (in April 2023 version).  My users don't want to have to right-click and the option to turn on 'Drill through' then left click is quite nice, although pointless if the option doesn't persist.

Kind regards,

Ben.

Thank you for the confirmation Yuliana (@v-yulgu-msft). If you don't mind, what's the intended use-case for the button? Clearly my usage isn't correct. 

I would like this to be an option as well. I have a report that another department will be selecting some of our sites from a list to drill down to another page to give asset information. It would be easier if they could just click once for drillthrough and then again to the asset page rather than rightclicking and going to drillthrough. Seems very arbiturary but with drillthrough not selected it just filters the page like normal (since it's a table) and when you work IT and trying to explain this stuff to non-IT can be hasslesome.

I dont really see a reason for this button otherwise if it only works in your one session of BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.