Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Zarek
Helper I
Helper I

Drillthrough dates override

Hi,

I have a question about using drill through on dates.

I am drilling from one report to another via dates, the problem is that the report I am drilling through has a relative date filter which is, for example, yesterday, and if you are coming to that report with an older date then it will be blank because it will be filtered out.

Of course, this can be solved by resetting the date on that report to all, but that would mean the report will be trying to load millions of records when opened on its own, without using any kind of date filter.

Can this be solved? Like something that overrides the default filter on that report I am drilling to with the drill through date parameter from the 1st report.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Zarek 

According to your description, you said that the report will load thousands of records, and eventually it will hit the limit of the P1 capacity. I think using direct query to connect to the data source may become a solution, which will not import the data to local and can support thousands of records to load. It will also don’t have a limitation on the Premium capacity

More info about Direct query in Power BI

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Zarek , Did not get it completely. But On drill through the page, you have drill-through parameter, Try removing the date from there and see if that stop, filtering it.

Drill through keep filter.png

Picture 1

picture1.png

This is the report from where I am drilling through. As you can see the date is 12/01/2020. If you drill on the Check Number it passes the location, check number and the date that is in this report.

But in the picture 2:

picture2.png

there is already a default date filter which is processing to show only yesterday's results. 

So you are getting blanks of course when you are trying to pass 12/01/2020 but the report you are going to already has 12/06/2020. Turning off the date, or removing it from the 2nd report (the one I am going to) is not an option, since it would try to load thousands of records and eventually it will hit the limit of the P1 capacity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.