Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amikm
Helper V
Helper V

Drillthrough between cross reports

Hi,

I have one summary report with 4 slicers and 1 matrix visual. I have another detailed report with 2 slicers and 1 matrix visual
I am doing a cross-report drill-through from the summary report to a detailed report on the empcode. I kept empcode in my detailed report drill through in filter section. 

When I made a slicer selection on slicer 1 say empname and slicer 2 selection as manager on summary report and I did drill through on empcode which is in matrix visual as a column. After drill through. both slicer 1 and slicer 2 value got passed in my detailed report. I want only Slicer 1 value to pass to the detailed report, not slicer 2 value.

We have an option in drill through to Keep all filter (enable/disable), but I tried but either it is passing both the slicer value or none after enabling/disabling the Keep filter option in a detailed report

Any idea, how we can achieve this in power bi desktop.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amikm , Are the slicer 1 and slicer 2 are on two different columns. Then the one keeps in drill through the filter should only pass. Can share some kind os screenshots

Hi @amitchandak ,

Slicer 1 (empname) and Slicer 2 (manager) are coming from two different columns of the same table (employee) in the summary report. 
A detailed report has Slicer 1(empname) but not Slicer 2(manager), as a result, If I pass Slicer 1 and Slicer 2 selection and performing drill through on empcode, the detailed report is getting blank. There might be the reason as we don't have slicer 2 (manager) in my detailed report and when I am clearing the filter for slicer 2 in my detailed report, I am able to see the data for empcode and slicer 1 selection. But what I want even the user is selecting the slicer 2 (manager) value in the summary report it should not pass to the detailed report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.