Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

asaeed
Frequent Visitor

Drillthrough back button clearing the original page filter

i have an original page showing tasks overall and i am doing drillthrough from table to details page, it is working fine but if i applied filter on the regional page then went to details page through drillthrough option then i came back to the regional page, i found that the filter on the original page reset. 

so my question is : how to keep the filter on the original page as it is after coming back from drillthrough?

12 REPLIES 12
Alaleh
Frequent Visitor

I have same problem 

smswigart

Is there any resolution to this? I have the same problem. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Icey ,

Is there a way for the drillthrough page to no retain the actions done on it. Suppose I have a single select slicer in the drill through page which has three options : Today, This Week and This Month, and Today is the default selected option.

Suppose If i drillthrough on a category to reach this page, and change the filter selection to This Week and come back to the main page using the back button. I drill through again and Now the filter shows This Week as selected instead of Today.

Is there any way to change this behaviour and have Today Selected as default always.

Washivale
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @asaeed ,

are you using any bookmark to go back to the main page,If yes,  change back button action to go back instead of using bookmark to main page.

Thank you,

Sandeep

i have tried Bookmark  but still same 😧

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asaeed ,

I have tested on my side, and can't reproduce your problem. When I go back, the filters on the original page stay the same.

Please try it again. If the issue is still there, please give me more details or just share me your PBIX file without sensitive information.

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

asaeed
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Icey , 

thanks for your replay.

i have tried it using drillthrough but not working and also bookmark not working, did you tried it using bookmark or drillthrough ? .

below images is an example for the drillthrough and filter before and after. mg1.pngmg3.pngmg2.png

if you can help on that, it will be high appreciated 

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asaeed ,

Is this problem solved?

If it is solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please let me know.

Best Regards
Icey

asaeed
Frequent Visitor

Hi Icey,

sorry, it is not fixed yet 😞

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asaeed ,

Is your operation like this?

1. Original page.

pie1.PNG

2. Select a piece of the pie chart. Not use slicer or filter pane.

pie.PNG

3. Drillthrough.

4. Go back and the page changes back to the original page.

If so, your operation is not called "filter", and actually, it is called "interactive".

If you want to use "filter", please use "Slicer" or "Filter pane".

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Icey,

Is it possibile not cancel interactive filter when I use the drillthrough back button ?

Thank you

Candida

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Icey 

I have same problem .

With following your steps 1-3, what I want to achieve is : 

Go back to original page and it will keep the pie selection when I did the drill-through.

But what i can get is : if i go back to original page, the selection that I checked on the pie chart will be cleared out, which will make it hard to use as I need to apply selection again.

Can you please help ? 

Thank you,

Jailene

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.