Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ToniHeinrichsIB
Frequent Visitor

Drillthrough and Smart Filter by OKViz

Hi! 

At the moment I am making a report and I want to filter a table of users by their name, select one user and go use a Drillthrough to go to the users single report. I chose this smart filter in the Power BI Marketplace (https://appsource.microsoft.com/es-es/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380859) because it filters the table results, has a search bar and previews results (I'm opened to change it if you can give me a better solution).

The thing is, once I selected a name in the smart filter, the table gets filtered accordingly BUT the Drillthrough DOESN'T activate. I have to click the username in order to use the drillthrough, although the user is already selected by the Drillthrough. Is there a way that I can skip this extra click in the table?

Smart filter and drillthrough behaviorSmart filter and drillthrough behavior

Thanks in advanced,

Toni Heinrichs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ToniHeinrichsIB ,

To the best of my knowledge, if you want to drill down, you have to choose an object. In other words, even if you have only one data input, you still need to click on it.

If you have any suggestions for this feature, you can post your ideas hereIt is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Besides, you can consider about using bookmark and button to achieve your goal, this does not need click.

For more details, please refer to:

Bookmarks and Buttons: Making Power BI Charts Even More Interactive - RADACAD

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ToniHeinrichsIB ,

To the best of my knowledge, if you want to drill down, you have to choose an object. In other words, even if you have only one data input, you still need to click on it.

If you have any suggestions for this feature, you can post your ideas hereIt is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Besides, you can consider about using bookmark and button to achieve your goal, this does not need click.

Bookmarks and Buttons: Making Power BI Charts Even More Interactive - RADACAD

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ToniHeinrichsIB ,

You can create a drillthrough button in Power BI, a button that drills through to a page with details that are filtered to a specific context.

One way to drill through in a report is to right-click in a visual. However, if you want the drillthrough action to be more obvious, you can create a drillthrough button instead. A drillthrough button can increase the discoverability of important drillthrough scenarios in your reports and you can conditionally determine how the button looks and acts. For example, you can show different text on a button if certain conditions are met.

Create a drillthrough button in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

@v-jianboli-msft maybe I didn't explain myself. I already have a Drillthrough button (you can see it in the images, it is the arrow with the text next to it).

But in order to activate the button, do I have to click the data entry when there is just one data entry?? Is there any shortcut?

Best Regards,

Toni Heinrichs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.