Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BrunaSeixas
Frequent Visitor

Drillthrough & Slicers

Hello, 

I would like to know if there is any way to drillthrough to another field in my hierarchy and the slicer that is in the same page only shows the parental value that I´ve selected. So just as example:

• I have a hierarchy with two fields:
    • Country
      • Operators

1-No country selected:

Example1.PNG

2- Once I select a country on the chart using drillthrough (e.g. Spain), nothing happens! Even if my "Drilling filters other visuals" is on

Example2.png

Isn´t there any possibility that my slicer is filtered and the only value that shows is Spain?? If not, whyyyyy?

KR, 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrunaSeixas

@v-yuta-msft    the regular slicer is not working.. I tried this with custom slicer "Chicletslicer"  and its working. Only filter option is working not the highlighting one.

In the regular slicer there is visual filter icon but still its not working even if its selected...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrunaSeixas  i guess  visuals does not filter slicers...slicers get filtered by other slicers only.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BrunaSeixas

Quick Qn : The country you used in slicer and the visual - Both are from same table?

There is a possibility that you selected both are from different table and the cross filter direction is not set properly. SO, please check your relationship and the cross filter direction. Suppose cross filter direction is from Table A to Table B, make sure country from Table A is used in the slicer

Thanks
Raj

Hi, 

Yes it is coming from the same table. On the slicer I tried to use the country that comes from the the hierarchy and also the one that is not on it, both did not work. 

So it should be filtering the slicer?

KR, 

Hi BrunaSeixas,

Couldn't reproduce your issue. You can use hierarchy slicer and check if it can meet your requirement. PLease refer to: https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380820?tab=Overview. If still can't filter the visual, could you share your hierarchy structure?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.