Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rsbin
Super User
Super User

Drillthrough Navigation and SelectedValue

Good Afternoon All,

I have a report wherein I am creating Employee Performance Scorecards.

My main page has a bar chart with Employees on the Y- Axis.

I am using the Drillthrough feature to get to the additional details.  However, there are enough measures that I need 2 pages for each individual.

On Operator Scorecard, I am using a Card with a measure to give the page a "Heading" for the Selected Employee.

SelectedOperator = if(Hasonevalue(DIM_WorkSystemOperators_Bridge[DisplayName]),values(DIM_WorkSystemOperators_Bridge[DisplayName]))

On Page 2, I am using the same measure, but the value of the Card does not change until the User selects Page 2 from the Drillthrough.  This prevents a single step navigation from Page 1 to Page 2 directly. 

Is there a Measure I can use to ensure the Card Values are the same on both pages simultaneously and properly reflect the selected Employee?  Once I have this, I intend to use a Bookmark to get from Page 1 to Page 2 directly without having to navigate back to the Main Page.

Thanks in advance for any guidance and suggestions.

Kindest Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rsbin 

Instead of using Bookmark to navigate from page 1 to page 2 use another Drill-through to access page 2. By the way there is a new feature where you can use Button for drill through.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsbin ,

It is impossible to add such measure in the conditional formating as a field when using live connection.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rsbin 

Instead of using Bookmark to navigate from page 1 to page 2 use another Drill-through to access page 2. By the way there is a new feature where you can use Button for drill through.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Good Morning @aj1973 ,

Started playing with the Drillthrough Button concept, but have hit a snag.  I have created the button, selected Drillthrough as the type.   I think I need to use a function or Measure to tell the Button that "John Doe" is the selected Display Name to navigate to my Page 2.   I have created a Measure

Scorecard2Navigation = IF( HASONEFILTER(DIM_WorkSystemOperators_Bridge[DisplayName] ), "Operator Scorecard Pg 2", "" )

But when I try to assign it to the Destination (fx), it is greyed out and won't let me select it.   I am using a Live Connection to Analysis Services.   Wondering if this is impacting this functionality?

When I display this Measure in a simple Card visual, it works fine.

Any further advice or suggestions?

Thanks again!!

@aj1973 

Thanks Amine for the response.  I came across this Drillthrough Button feature a while back, but have not tried using it.  Will research this further as it seems to be a viable solution.  Will let you know how I make out.  Thanks much for the prompt response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.