Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sanderson82
Helper I
Helper I

Drillthrough - Keep filter across tabs

Hi.  I have a report with 4 tabs.  The first tab (Overview) has a table.  I have setup drillthrough from this to the 3 other tabs (Labour, Materials, Transport).

My issue is that when I drillthrough to Labour for example, if I then want to see Materials or Transport for that same item I have to go back to my Overview tab again, find the line in table, and drillthrough to Materials or Transport.

Is it possible that I can navigate between tabs keeping the initial drillthough filter?  This would make the report more user friendly and easier to navigate.

Hope that makes sense, many thanks for any help.

Regards

Steven

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @sanderson82 ,

You can keep all applied filters to the drillthrough window when setting the Keep all filters toggle to on.

If you want to view other column values without having to return to the main report page again, all you need to do is change (or reset, if you like) the filters that are applied to the report page, and you can add new filters too.21.png31.jpg

For more information, please refer to:

Power BI Drillthrough Filters and How to Change Them

Use drillthrough in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-joesh-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @sanderson82 ,

You can keep all applied filters to the drillthrough window when setting the Keep all filters toggle to on.

If you want to view other column values without having to return to the main report page again, all you need to do is change (or reset, if you like) the filters that are applied to the report page, and you can add new filters too.21.png31.jpg

For more information, please refer to:

Power BI Drillthrough Filters and How to Change Them

Use drillthrough in Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-joesh-msft   I set this and managed to achieve what I needed by adding the table from the first tab to all tabs (obviously filtered on the additional tabs).  This allowed me to drillthrough to other tabs as required.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.