Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andrew_hardwick
Helper III
Helper III

Drillthrough Filters not there

I am trying to create a drillthrough filter for the first time and following the instructions I seem to have an area missing. Under the filter section on the details page, there is no 'Drilldown Filters' section. I am therefore unable to say what fields I want to drill down on.

Am I missing something?

Capture.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
Reza
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @andrew_hardwick,

I have the same problem following the same LINK you provided. and I am on Dec 2018 version. 

By the look of it this has been changed (I can confirm it is not in Aug 2018 update) and as you can see there is DRILLTHROUGH section at the end of Visualisations panel (Refer to your screenshot).

I have tested this and it does the same thing as the one which was under FILTERS section.

Microsoft need to update their page and screenshots to avoid confusion.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Reza

Hi @Reza,

I think the instructions have been updated since I had this issue, or the make more sense now! Anyway I think the problem I had was I thought the drillthorough filters were applied on the tab you are drilling from. Actually they need to be on the tab you are drilling too. Once you have added them, your other pages using those fields will then have a menu option when you right click on a visualisation which will say 'Drillthrough' and allow you to drill to that page.

abhi9255
Helper II
Helper II

Are you using the latest version of power bi desktop? If not install it and try

Yes I am using the latest version.

Hi @andrew_hardwick

When a visual has a hierarchy, you can drill down to reveal additional details.

Please follow this article to learn more about how to use drill down in power bi visualization.

3.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie,

It is not drilldown that I want to use, but Drillthrough, as explained on this link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough

In the Using Drillthrough section, number 2, it states drag the field about which you want to drillthrough into the Drillthrough filters well. I do not have this Drillthrough filters well.

Hi @andrew_hardwick

Which desktop version do you use, I use May 2018, I can find the drillthrough filter at the bottom as seen from the picture.

1.png

The picture showing in the link seems to be something of the previous version.

Best regards

Maggie

I am using June 2018, so I am not sure that is the issue.

Hi @andrew_hardwick

I have also tested with June 2018, it shows same as the May 2018 for the drillthrough filters.

Could you show a screenshot to describe what's your problem?

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.