Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drillthrough Confusion

Hello everyone,

I am trying to solve a problem I'm having with drillthroughs and slicers. I've been searching for a solution but none have worked so far. Basically I have the following setup:

Page A - Allows user to drillthrough on client name to Page B

Page B - Contains slicer on client name in case user wants to switch their selection.

Scenario 1 - User starts on Page A and drills through to Page B. They hit the back button when they are finished and return to Page A. They repeat this several times and all is well.

Scenario 2 - User starts on Page A and drills through to Page B. While navigating Page B they clear the selection and manually change the slicer to a new selection on client name "ABC". Then they hit back and return to Page A. When they try to drillthrough back to Page B for client "XYZ", they now see blank visuals. This is because the slicer is still set to "ABC" and the drillthrough filter is "XYZ".

I understand that they can use a button to clear the selection before returning to Page A. However this means that the user must remember to use it before going back to Page A and performing another drillthrough. This is something that will likely be forgotten.

What am I missing here? This must be an extremely common scenario that people encounter. I created a sample pbix file but do not see any good way to attach it here. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
dotcs_farrellv
Frequent Visitor

I think this is a duplicate of https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/31755214-drillthrough-and-slicer-... Please go there and vote for it to increase the chances they'll fix this. (I agree with those that think this is more of a bug than a feature request - either way I want it fixed)

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please update your pbix to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-frfei-msft

Hi, Frank. Were you able to access the file above? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My organization has outside file sharing turned off on One Drive. I have tried uploading the file to Drive. Please let me know if the link does not work or if you have any further questions. Alternatively if you direct message me with your email I can send you a link from One Drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0nHetNbmoC3U2hIZE42SWRwVHpJdTlNQnEzd2k0UWluTXp3/view?usp=drivesdk ...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.