Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drillthrough Complications

Hello, 

I have a drillthrough filter that I want to not apply to all visuals.  I understand then when drilling through to another page you are applying all the drillthrough fields to the target page (and yes I need to select "keep all filters").  On my target page, I have a KPI which I want 12 months of data to show for.  On the page before (that I am using to drillthrough) I am selecting one month and that is affecting my filter context that gets passed through.  The data I need to be unaffected is on the trend axis of the KPI, and it's my understanding that you cannot apply measures to an axis (so I think that takes calculate/all out as a possibility).  Also, I don't think there is a way to "edit interactions" between multiple pages - only on same page.  Any other ideas or ways that you could limit this filtering ? 🙂 I am stumped. 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can use a separate duplicate table as a workaround  to make the visual did not affected by Drillthrough filter, but it will also be excluded from other filter or interaction in this page.

11.jpg12.jpg

Please also refer to this similar thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Disable-drillthrough-for-few-visuals/td-p/347182

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can use a separate duplicate table as a workaround  to make the visual did not affected by Drillthrough filter, but it will also be excluded from other filter or interaction in this page.

11.jpg12.jpg

Please also refer to this similar thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Disable-drillthrough-for-few-visuals/td-p/347182

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-lid-msft.  I think this will do as a workaround!  A little suprised the solution linked in your reply works - I would think by duplicating the column the table would still be filtered in the same manner as it was before.  Seems like your suggestion, to create a duplicate a table is more appropriate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.