Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LP2803
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Drillthough not filtering through a measure

Hi Team,

Below is the matrix visual in from a page (image1) and i have a drillthrough to page "Quality" (ima ge 2).

I have created three measures (Latency?, PakcetLoss? & SysMaxCPU?) to check if any of the meetings meets the criteria mentioned in the filter.

PacketLoss? = if(COUNTROWS(
FILTER(
Filter('Sheet1 (2)','Sheet1 (2)'[Attribute.2]="packetLoss"),
'Sheet1 (2)'[Value]>5)) > 3,1,0)

Latency? = if(COUNTROWS(
FILTER(
Filter('Sheet1 (2)','Sheet1 (2)'[Attribute.2]="latency"),
'Sheet1 (2)'[Value]>400)) > 1,1,0)

SysMaxCPU? = if(COUNTROWS(
FILTER(
Filter('Sheet1 (2)','Sheet1 (2)'[Attribute.2]="systemMaximumCPU"),
'Sheet1 (2)'[Value]>90))>10,1,0)

when i right click on the "Latency?" and go to "Quality" page, I expect to see the line chart for that Particular ID and the participant mentioned under the meetingInstanceID and also "Latency?" 

Currently, it does pass the MeetinginstanceID and the Participant but not the Latency? / PacketLoss? / SysMaxCPU? .

Could you please help me how can i make it possible?  I tried to add it in these measures in the tooltip. but you know it loos gross when user over on the linechart to see the values. any other idea please?

LP2803_0-1608298274552.png

LP2803_1-1608298369936.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LP2803 ,

When you use measures as drillthrough parameters, you will find 'keep all filters' become grey, this is becasue measures are entirely based on the filter context and has passed through all the filters.

drillthrough.png

In this case, if you want to pass parameters based on calculations and show it in the drillthrough parameter, you may try to convert your measure into calculated columns.

You can also refer: Power BI - Measure Drillthrough 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LP2803 ,

When you use measures as drillthrough parameters, you will find 'keep all filters' become grey, this is becasue measures are entirely based on the filter context and has passed through all the filters.

drillthrough.png

In this case, if you want to pass parameters based on calculations and show it in the drillthrough parameter, you may try to convert your measure into calculated columns.

You can also refer: Power BI - Measure Drillthrough 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LP2803 , Have you added MeetinginstanceID  to keep filters on drill page ?

@amitchandak  Yes Amit,  as marked below

LP2803_0-1608304240908.png

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @LP2803 ,

Drillthrough can be done only on columns not on Measures.

If you convert your measures to Columns, then it will work.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

This is an incorrect statement.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors