Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drilllthough sometimes does not pass filter

This one is hard to reproduce, but I have often seen that one row will go to the drill through page and not pass the filter.  I beleive this happens when a drillthrough has been used in the desktop edition, and published to the web with that filter in place and not (all).   Most of the rows work fine, but the occasional row will not connect and goes back to the one last used in desktop.   The fix is to go to desktop when this is discovered, erase the drillthrough filter, and republish.  Its very hard to avoid however as these are often used during testing.

As a fix, I would suggest resetting all Drillthrough filters to (All) at publishing or saving.  There really is no point in them retaining the setting beyond the actual use.

13 REPLIES 13
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

I am not able to reproduce your issue. Could you please share the problem PBIX file to me so that I can test?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't really do that as it uses an on premesis tabular with very confidential data that I cannot send.  It is so erratic that I don't know that I could reproduce, I just know that it comes up sometimes.  I'll try to monitor it to see if I can find any more clues, and if I get the pattern I can try to put together a small sample.

@Anonymous,

You can share us dummy data of your table via Excel file when you reproduce this issue.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lydia,

I have been unable to produce with Excel, but am continuing to see the issue.  With further testing, I now think it is unrelated to the filter state at publication.   We continue to see this where the report is working in the service, but occasionally the drilltrough filter "sticks", drilling to a page bases on a row previously selected.  Its happening pretty consistently.  I would be happy to show someone via a webex if that can be arranged.

- Pete

@Anonymous,

We will appreciate it if you can share PBIX file.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

The data is in an on premesis tabular SSAS cube which I cannot share due to confidential information.  Will you be able to use the PBIX without that?

@Anonymous,

You can share the PBIX file  without cube, I will test it to check the behavior.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lydia,

How do you want to receive the PBIX, I don't see an attachment.   I would prefer to private message you, but don't see an attachment option there either.

- Pete

@Anonymous,

You can upload PBIX file to OneDrive and post shared link of the file here.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lydia,

I'm struggling to do that.  Our OneDrive for Business is locked down to internal sharing.  Also since we are health care, personal OneDrives, Drop Box, etc. are blocked.  If you private message me your email address I can email it to you.

- Pete

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Not sure I understand the problem.  Drillthrough filters the page for only what you're drilling through on - country, product, actor, etc.  That is the Drillthrough filter that's in the Drillthrough well.  It does not pass along any other filters from the page on which you click drillthrough.  On the other hand, bookmarks do allow you to set filters that persist when you go to the bookmark page.  Sounds to me like you're getting drillthough and bookmarks confused or combining their respective capabilitites.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it is is a single drill through filter.   In your example of country, I might drill through to England, France and Germany one at a time, but when I click on Spain up comes Italy.    I go to desktop and discover that at the last publish Italy was in the drillthrough filter,  So something is making occasional rows not pass the right data.   I have double checked that the field on the rows is the exact field in the drillthough filter on the target page.   It is very inconsistent and hard to reproduce, but I have seen it enough to know it is not my imagination.

I have been using bookmarks a lot, that's different, I am not confused.

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Oops, sorry Smiley Embarassed  Now I understand the problem.  Have not seen that happen yet with my use of drillthrough but I will surely keep an eye out to see if that happens.  Thanks for the heads up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.