Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drilling down a chart by another chart

Hello ... I have 2 charts

all of the 2 charts has a same dimension hierarchy of 3 levels (map geo location... and barchart geo location)

I want if I drill down in the map 

I want the bar chart to drill down too by the map drilling...

is there a way for that

2 REPLIES 2
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

I'm not sure if I fully understood your question.

If you use the same dimensional tables, there is an interaction between the visuals. So you if you select a value from the map, the bar chart should adapt.

As I understood you want to change that from highlighting to filtering, right? For that you can change the interaction of the visuals from highlight to cross filter:

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If I didn't understand the question right, maybe just put a few screenshots and try to describe what you want exactly to happen.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ... thank you for responding

My question about drilling down in bar chart if I drilled down in the map... 

I mean When I drilled down the next level in the map ... barchart filterd correctly but with previous level... what I mean it didnt drill down when the map drilled down

eg:

I have US with total 5000 and next level NY 3000 and seattle with 2000

when I drill down to NY on the map

the bar chart change to 3000 but still holding US text as label... I want it to drill to display NY when I drill in the map... is that possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.