Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drilling Down

Is there a way for the end user to have drill down capabilities after providing a published link to them? For instance on this pie graph and set of filters that are related:

1.PNG

End users can of course very easily pick one of the category types and the pie graph will update to show how many cases via phone/email are of that category type. However, I've been asked if there is a way to click the pie chart itself and get some kind of drilldown view that will show the same thing? I'm not sure if that's possible and from what I've seen the users aren't given much flexibility to drilldown further other than doing this:

1.PNG

This only gives you a full screen view of the chart itself and not a break down of the data behind it. The only thing I can think to do is change the visualization to something like a matrix which I don't think they want. I'm basically being asked to replicate how Salesforce does their reporting which is where this data comes from. You can view a dashboard, click on any dashboard component and be taken to a report view of the component that contains data seen and not seen on a chart (this is an unrelated example by the way):

1.PNGFrom here, you can click on the donut chart to go to this view:

1.PNG

Is there a way to do something like this in PBI?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380858?tab=Overview

Refer the above link.

It has interactive drilldown and auto grouping features.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi mrainey,

Please refer to this documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.