Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Drilldown/slicer Headaches

We have an unusual accounting calender.

• The year is not calendar based
  • The year is split into 10 periods
  • A period is either 4 or 5 weeks long, to fill out 52 weeks.

I can create a hierachy for this in SSAS, but I'm having difficulty getting the same functionality to work in Power BI Desktop.

Does anyone have any suggestions or having similar issues?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi darmus,

As of my knowlage, there is no support of filtering while performing a drill-down. My solution would be to use a couple of slicers for each layer in the drill-down.

The other method would be, as listed above, that you use a live connection to the SSAS Model, where hierachy is supported.

Use this link for more information: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-analysis-services-connector/

greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Power BI can consume hierarchies from a SSAS cube. Why not just use your already published model in live connection mode with Power BI?

In Power BI Dekstop you can not create hierachies in your data model.

But for many visuals you can stack attributes in axis list and navigate through the "hierachy"

PowerBiDrillUpNDown.pngUnforunately, you have to do this for each visuals.

But, according to @greggyb Power BI support SSAS hierachies when using Direct Connect on it.

dramus
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

My problem with Drilldown charts is that they do not filter the rest of the page when you drill down.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.