Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nagaraj
Post Patron
Post Patron

Drilldown not working by default

Hi

I have a map report as shown below and it has 2 levels of drilldown.

In desktop version, when i click on the below highlighted arrows, the drilldown is happening. 

When i publish the same report, in the service the drilldown option is not defaulted selected.

So with this user need to click on Arrow every time.

Would like to know if there is any default option we can set in the Service / Desktop so that user no need to click on the Arrow every time for drilldown.

Please suggest.

1232.jpg

Regards
Nagaraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nagaraj ,

My pleasure. Thanks for your reflect and sumbit this idea to help us improve power bi🙂. If this case solved, could you please make its status solved and help others find it more quickly

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nagaraj ,

Based on my test, when we enable drill down in power bi desktop and then publish to service, it will show the same result in power bi service as same as power bi desktop. Only difference is the drill down option is not shown as enable status in power bi service although it shows the same status as power bi desktop.

enable drill down in power bi desktopenable drill down in power bi desktopthe same drill status in power bi service with drill down option disabledthe same drill status in power bi service with drill down option disabled

So my conclusion is that we can keep the drill status after publishing to service, but if we want to have further action, it should be finished in power bi service. As for the default option about drill down in desktop and option, Im afraid there is no option about this, you can refer this idea to help us improve power bi: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/11718786-drill-mode-by-default

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yingjl 

Thanks for addressing, in Power BI Service to enable the drilldown at present user need to enable it manually every time. 

It will not be a good practice for user as they are not technical.

Voted the idea on the link provided.

REgards

Nagaraj

Hi @nagaraj ,

My pleasure. Thanks for your reflect and sumbit this idea to help us improve power bi🙂. If this case solved, could you please make its status solved and help others find it more quickly

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors