Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lilyblue01
Frequent Visitor

Drilldown Choropleth Louisiana Parishes

I am new to Power BI, and I haven't been able to find an answer to this question after searching through the forums but I'm very eager to learn, so please bear with me on this.  I am trying to create a map of Louisiana where we can show our governmental clients by parish then by app.  So, what I am visualizing is that a user can click on a specific parish (same as county) and it will show a list of the clients in that parish (which are usually less than 5 offices) that can be clicked also.  When the client is clicked on, the user will see each application or module that the client has of ours.  

My attempt is to do something similar to the video from the link below but with only showing Louisiana for now.  I am using the map located at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lilyblue01/LouisianaMap/master/Parishes_LDOTD_2007.topojson and it's pulling up the map as I was expecting; however, the parishes are all showing no data - like my data isn't linking to the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJOLeAFDpdQ

I've tried to be more specific with the data so that it will recognize the parishes but that hasn't worked.  Since this is so specific, I thought I'd ask the community.  Thank you in advance for your help!

I've tried to Screen Shot 08-22-18 at 03.22 PM.PNGScreen Shot 08-22-18 at 03.24 PM.PNG

Update - I think that I've found that the linking should happen when the Shape ID field but I can't find anywhere what exactly it's looking for here.  I think this is what I'm needing.  Thanks!

Screen Shot 08-22-18 at 04.14 PM.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lilyblue01

You are seeking for the json file for Shape Level, right?

How about using this example file from this article?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi - I actually have the State of Louisiana json file that I want to use; however, I did try the shapefiles that you mentioned and they only show all of the United States, and not Louisiana specifically.  I feel like there's just a link that I'm missing.  I think that using the Shape ID fields will help link them but I haven't found anything that shows what type of data it's looking for here.  Are you familiar with the ID fields?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.