Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

DrillDown issues with different time and value metrics

Hello!
Ive been having some issues visualizing in a drill down from the quarters of a year to the months:

I have a metric named, # of Backlog Unscheduled Cases (End of Month) that i have to use it in the axis with the time metric (month). The same for, # of Backlog Unscheduled Cases (End of Quarter) but with the time metric quarter.

Ive been using this formula cause i want to put these 2 different values ina line chart so i have each metric matched with time metric that correspond.
The issue is when i want to see the months because when I make a  drill down to see the data divided by months, I just see the data of the beginning of every quarter. For example (month 1, month 4, month 7, month 11). I would like to see the data of the Twelve months(Ive checked the month metric separatedly and it works i visualize all the months, maybe its the formula). Here is a screenshot:

ChangeInDrillDown =

VAR month1 = 'Fact - Backlog Cases'[# of Backlog Unscheduled Cases (End of Month)]
VAR quarter1 = 'Fact - Backlog Cases'[# of Backlog Unscheduled Cases (End of Quarter)]

RETURN
IF(ISFILTERED('Hierarchy - Fiscal Calendar on Open Date'[FiscalYear]),month1,quarter1)

communityissuesmonths.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can try to use the following measure to meet your requirement:

ChangeInDrillDown =
VAR month1 = 'Fact - Backlog Cases'[# of Backlog Unscheduled Cases (End of Month)]
VAR quarter1 = 'Fact - Backlog Cases'[# of Backlog Unscheduled Cases (End of Quarter)]
RETURN
    IF (
        ISFILTERED ( 'Hierarchy - Fiscal Calendar on Open Date'[FiscalFYMonth] ),
        month1,
        quarter1
    )

If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data and expected result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found solution and evrything works correctly.

Thankyou!!

Now I have to do other formula but with different characteristics. Is it Okey if I explained it here so we kkep contact or I make a new post. 

Regards,

Alejandro

Hi @Anonymous ,

Glad to hear that you have resolved your problem. If it does not contain any confidential information,could you please kindly share the solution you find so that it can benefit more users here? If you have any other questions about this scenario , please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.