Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sanjay009
Helper III
Helper III

Drill thru functionality

i have a table with ID, name and status like below. i have page for each ID with description details. when i righclick on ID 123 i want to see only 123 drill thru option instead all other ID drill thru page options.

please help me if their is any other way i can accomplish this scenario. 

ID      name    status

123    arizona   success

234    Texas      failed

456    virginia    success

543    newyork   success

4 REPLIES 4
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sanjay009 ,

As @jdbuchanan71  mentioned, you need to create a new page to enable drillthrough, put the [ID] column in the drill-through fields filter, set it as 'Used as category', then you can return to your home page, right click ID field in the table visual to use drillthrough to get the corresponding information in the drillthrough page.

drillthrough.pngD1.pngd2.png

You can also refer this document about using drill through in details: Set up drill through in Power BI reports 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Interesting @amitchandak I guess you could do it with a SWITCH() in the destination measure using the SELECTEDVALUE of the ID column.  That would still require a page for every ID which seems less than ideal if you are showing the same view for each ID though.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@sanjay009 

That's not really how drillthrough works.  You only need one drillthrough target page, not one for each ID.  Then when you right click on a single ID and drillthrough that ID is used as a filter on the drillthrough page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.