Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shaileng
Frequent Visitor

Drill through with slicer value

Hi,

I have two pages in my report.

Page 1 : has a dropdown slicer with dates and a visualization listing the customer positions for the selected date.

Page 2 : Is the detailed for the customer 

I have to drill through to page 2 once user right clicks on Page 1's visual. The drill through filters are based on customer name and it works fine. However when I drill through to second page the customer details are shown across all dates where as I want to see the details only for the selected date (through dropdown slicer) on Page 1. So along with Customer name I also added the report date field in the drill through filter (both pages) but it does not work. I also tried writing a formula on Page 1 to get the selected value from the drop down but looks like formula fields cannot be used as a drill through filter.

Any idea how can I pass the selected date value too along with customer name to the page 2.

This is really urgent and any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @shaileng,

Currently, Drill Through won't consider the Slicer/Filter context. Here is the idea shared on Power BI Ideas forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.