Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

leeguth
Helper I
Helper I

Drill through with multiple selected values doesn't seem to pass through

I have a bar chart that I have been able to use as a drill through to another page. I know I can ctrl+click on two columns to select two (or more) values and I have them used as drill through filters. When I drill through, I don't seem to get both selected values. I put a card visual on the page so I could see what was selected but I only see one of the values. Also when I look down at the drill down filters showing, it also only shows one value. I had created a 'List of values' and put that on the card visual, thinking that would show me the values. 

I also tried using a slicer to use instead of/in addition to the bar charts to see if that made a difference and then synced the slicers but I dont really want the user to be able to change the filter on the drilled through report so it doesn't really so what I want. 

Any suggestions to get all selected values to pass through and show?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @leeguth ,

It is not supported to drill through with multiple selected values in Power BI currently . There are two ideas about this issue, please vote it up : Multiple Values(row) Passing in Drill through feature and   Drill through of multiple rows . And you may add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @leeguth , in the drillthrough page under drillthrough filters, turn on Keep All Filters.

This way all the selected values will be passed to the drillthrough page.

that is already set....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok then. Suppose you are trying to drillthrough with Year and Customer, click on Year(Don't use control+ click) and then right click on the Customer and drillthrough to the drillthrough page. It should work.

No, I am trying to select two values from the same field. For example, I am trying to choose active and unknown (see chart)

leeguth_0-1594214692135.png

but when I get into the drill through page only one (I think it is the one where my mouse is when I right click to drill through) shows. 

Also happens if I use this type of visual and drill through

leeguth_1-1594215079427.png

This is what shows when I get into the drill through.

leeguth_2-1594215131971.png

This is a list measure of the field Project State.  I would expect it to show both active and unknown but as you can see only one is showing in the drill down.

leeguth_4-1594215312334.png

it doesn't seem to be passing both selected values through. 

Hi @leeguth ,

It is not supported to drill through with multiple selected values in Power BI currently . There are two ideas about this issue, please vote it up : Multiple Values(row) Passing in Drill through feature and   Drill through of multiple rows . And you may add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks...that is a shame since there is an option to allow single or multiple choices....single choice seems to have its odd behavior too though. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.