Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Christianvs
Helper I
Helper I

Drill through using slicer or navigate page keeping filter

Hi

I got the following table

Christianvs_0-1676472333184.png

and the following pages

Christianvs_1-1676472384176.png

On the navigation page I have a slicer containing the ID's and a button for going to another page

Christianvs_2-1676472609655.png

I wish to be able to select an ID in the slicer and then go to the page linked to that ID in the table and keep the selected ID as filter. 

If I set the action of the button to conditional page navigation I can make it go to the appropiate page, but the filtered ID isn't kept.

On the other hand, if I set the action of the button to conditional drill through I get the following message due to the fact that I have only filtered the table and doesn't have a selected data point.

Christianvs_3-1676472991481.png

Is it possible to either select the data point that is chosen in the slicer so I can use drill through or keep the filter from the slicer when using page navigation?

I would prefer to get the drill through function working

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

There is a feature called "sync filters". Go to the views pane and you can select your slicer as a sync filter that's synced across report pages. Hope that makes sense!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
YukiK
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

There is a feature called "sync filters". Go to the views pane and you can select your slicer as a sync filter that's synced across report pages. Hope that makes sense!

Thanks YukiK 🙂

It made perfect sense and does the job!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.