Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill through to specific page depending on single category selection

Hi

I have a simple matrix showing sales by service (columns) by month (rows).

There are four service types (A, B, C, D for this example).

I want to be able to drill through to one page when Service A has been selected, and a more generic page when any of the other three services have been selected.

I have tried creating a button with a measure assigned to Action, Destination, conditional formatting but the measure is greyed out when trying to select it as a field value.  The DAX associated with the measure is:

Drill Navigation =

IF (
HASONEFILTER(tbl_ET_MERGE[Service]) = "RCV",
"RCV Detail",
"Collection Sales Service Detail"
)

I have seen topics involving the use of slicers but do not want to go down this route.   Is there a way in which this can be acheived?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have already watched the Guyinacube videos.  NEXT LEVEL Conditional Drill in Power BI Desktop with buttons - YouTube is what I am looking for but only for when one category is selected, not a combination of categories.  I want the button to become active when a single category is selected and then drill through to the right page as per my original post, with no need for a slicer to be present.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , check out this video on conditional navigation from Guyinacube , if that can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kaUnBXvvGo

If needed use sync slicers like I have done here -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3qMwQtWjvo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.