Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lburgess
Helper II
Helper II

Drill through to multiple pages

I have a report page with two drill throughs connected to the same column.  From the main report page, I can right-click on a row in the table and navigate to either drill-through page 1 or drill-through page 2.  If I go to drill-through page 1 and want to see drill-through page 2, I have to go back to the main report page, right-click on the row in the table, then select drill-through page 2.

I'm looking for a way to navigate from drill-through page 1 directly to drill-through page 2 (and vice versa).  Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @lburgess 

Please make sure your  drill-through pages  all have the same drill-through fields.

Here is  a demo.

Pbix attached

The  field  "Country" is present in every visuals ,and I use the field  "country" as the drill through field  in page 2,page3,page4 

In addition ,we can‘t create drill through  for cards currently .( Page 3 to other page)

You can vote for this  idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner. https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34482268-create-drillthrough-for-...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @lburgess 

Please make sure your  drill-through pages  all have the same drill-through fields.

Here is  a demo.

Pbix attached

The  field  "Country" is present in every visuals ,and I use the field  "country" as the drill through field  in page 2,page3,page4 

In addition ,we can‘t create drill through  for cards currently .( Page 3 to other page)

You can vote for this  idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner. https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/34482268-create-drillthrough-for-...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I needed to do something like this and achieved it using the Sync Slicer functionality and the Chiclet slicer as it allows a default selection to be forced as the page loads. Adds a small delay on the inital drillthrough target, but otherwise works well.

Setting it up is a little involved so I put together a blog post and video.

I hope this helps 🙂

This worked perfectly for me, thank you! 

It works when you alway drill to one page.

In my case there are three drill pages, user can chose which one to select.

It works for the first time, but when user selects a different page, there is still the previous drill filter used.

PC2790
Community Champion
Community Champion

Were you able to fix it? I am facing the same issue.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

On drillthrough page 1 you do not have the same column you were drilling into?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I do.  It’s displayed as a card. There is no drill-through option available for a card.  I changed it to a table, but still no option to specify a drill-through column.

Yes.  The drill-throughs from the main page to the 2 drill-through pages work perfectly. I'm looking for a way to navigate from drill-through page 1 to drill-through page 2 (and vice-versa) without having to go back to the main page.

Did you ever figure this out? @lburgess 

Hi there,

we also need a solution for that. This is a feature which is very important to have in Power-BI, I wonder why that is missing.

In our case, we have multiple detail pages and want to navigate through the detail pages while using the same drillthrough-filter, without going back to the main page.

We found a workaround by using the "ciclet filter" visual with the sync option enabled. It works fine except the slycer needs time to load, so clicking too fast to a second detail page button results to wrong data filtered.

BR

Christian

I followed this demo but it doesn't work for me.
https://jimkeane.co.uk/2021/03/31/double-drillthrough/

Wondering what I am doing wrong...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.