Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VL22
Advocate I
Advocate I

Drill through to different report for the same visual

Hi All,

I have 2 questions regarding drill through. 

1: I'd like to drill through from a world map to a specific coutry map. For example, from World map, when I click United States, it will drill throught to US Map report. if I click on the China part, it will drill through to China map report. I tried to use "Allow drill through when category is country=>USA," my expectation is: when I click USA and use drill through from the world map, it will drill through to US map, but if I click other countries, they cannot drill through to the US map report. However, it deosn't work. all the coutries on the World map can still drill through to US map report. Does it doable in Power BI? Thank you.

VL22_2-1662595848038.png  

VL22_3-1662595977035.png

2: It seems like if I use coutry as the category to drill through other detail report, all the drill through reports which have the coutry category will show in the list. Is it possible to show only the related drill through report for the specific country? For example, I have two drill through reports, USA MAP and China Map. If I click USA, and click Drill through, only show USA Map.

VL22_1-1662595711866.png

Thank you so much for your answers.

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VL22 ,

You could try yo get it by Use cross-report drillthrough in Power BI Desktop.With the Power BI cross-report drillthrough feature, you can contextually jump from one report to another report in the same Power BI service workspace or app. You can use cross-report drillthrough to connect two or more reports that have related content, and to pass filter context along with the cross-report connection.

Here is the document for you refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-cross-report-drill-through

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Lucien

Hi @v-luwang-msft ,

Thank you for your reply. However, the result is still the same...it seems like that as the category is using the same filed, I cannot set up when click USA, then drill thourgh to the USA's map. 

Is there any way to achieve the goal? Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.