Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Drill through to another Report (Cross Report) not working

This is the first time I have attempted to drill though from one Report (pbix file) to another.

So I have a report with a visual on it with a surveyID (Main Report)

On the Page I have cross repot set to On.

I have gone into Options > Report Settings and set Allow Visuals in this report to use drill through to on

Then I have another report.  (Sub Report)

In Drill through I have surveyID. Cross Report is on

I have gone into Options > Report Settings and set Allow Visuals in this report to use drill through to on

I have published both reports and gone to the top report. Right clicked on the visual but no drill through.

I know that the SurveyID Im drilling down on from the table in Report A exists in the tables for Report B because Ive checked.

Drillthroughissuemodel.JPG

This is a digram (Example) of the back end data. 

What can be going wrong?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

The DIM table in the 1st report with the survey ID needs to be in the 2nd report and be exactly the same. And then create the model from that table.

View solution in original post

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE ,

There is an article about cross-report drillthough, pay attention to the key steps in it : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-cross-report-drill-through.

For example:

>> Make sure that:

Fields you want to pass exist in both data models.

The names of the fields, and the names of the tables to which they belong, are identical (the strings must also match, and are case-sensitive).

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE ,

There is an article about cross-report drillthough, pay attention to the key steps in it : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-cross-report-drill-through.

For example:

>> Make sure that:

Fields you want to pass exist in both data models.

The names of the fields, and the names of the tables to which they belong, are identical (the strings must also match, and are case-sensitive).

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @DebbieE ,

Have you turn on drill trhough on the report level in the PBI web service?

Check this video from Guy in the Cube and check out from 5:30 onward you need also to activate the option on the web report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcZr_70OGPo

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Great video as usual from these guys. Ive check and drill through is on in the service for both reports so this isnt this issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

The DIM table in the 1st report with the survey ID needs to be in the 2nd report and be exactly the same. And then create the model from that table.

Ahhh,

I thought that might be the case. Thanks 

Debbie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.