Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill through shows lower count than DistinctCount Measure

I cannot figure out what is happening. I have a measure on one tab (TotalPlans = DISTINCTCOUNT(AnnualAdminCasesPowerBI[PlanID]) and a table for drill through on another tab. When I right click and drill through from the Measure to the table, I count 79 rows, but the measure shows 81. I have no idea why. Anyone know?

Measure

mkopp12990_3-1652838418278.png

Drill through

mkopp12990_1-1652838150401.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind I figured it out. There was another field that when I added it added two more rows to the data. Then I figured out a date is listed wrong on those two rows which is why the prior count was correct.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , the distinct count can give different results with different grouping level.

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak could you help me with how to add the .pbix file?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok this is the first time I'm posting on here so I apoligize for asking, but when I try to add the .pbix file, I get an error saying "The file type (.pbix) is not supported." I tried to add an excel and csv and get the same error. How do I attach it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.