Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Drill through on standard bar chart

I have a standard bar chart. My Axis I have descripion and in value I have Tweets, Retweets and Likes. I want to drill through Description to another report showing the description. However you cant get drill through. I was aware that you cant drill through on a custom visual but what about a standard? (Also Im hoping custom visuals get sorted out soon because thats not great)

I have a feeling you cant drill through on the axis but I surely that should be available?

Thanks in advance

Debbie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@DebbieE

I just tested it and it does actually work in bar charts and column charts! :smileyhappy

Look here =>https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough

Does you bar chart have the field you are using in the Drillthrough filter on the Drillthrough page?

EDIT: Try adding that field in the Legend of the Bar Chart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@DebbieE

I just tested it and it does actually work in bar charts and column charts! :smileyhappy

Look here =>https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough

Does you bar chart have the field you are using in the Drillthrough filter on the Drillthrough page?

EDIT: Try adding that field in the Legend of the Bar Chart

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

I was clicking the actual description Not the bar its self. All sorted. Thankyou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.