Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drill through on inactive relationship

I am still having problems on drill through on inactive relationships.

Say I have 3 tables. People. Sales and Calendar. I have two dates in my fact sales table -  Date Bought and Date Dispatched. So have an active relationship on Bought and Inactive on Dispatched.

I have a drill through page - which is a card showing count of sales and a table listing people and the same measure showing their sales.

I have measures that with user realtionship which correctly counts sales by date bought and a measure sales by date dispatched.              

Can I get my drill through page to list sales dispatched or sales bought. I have added each measure to the drill through on teh target page.

I have added each measure to the drill through box on teh drill through report. 

So dill through is an option. However

I need to limit my table to only those people with a measure > 1.Otherwise my table is just all people?       

How do I tell it which measure. 

How do I tell the card which measure it should be showing? Because a simple sales count uses the active relationship - when sometimes I am interested in the inactive one?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Data is too scarce to recur your issue.

You might refer to the similar drillthrough on measure threads:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Drillthrough-on-measure-with-dax-filter-context-not-working/m-p/743205 

Or you can just use the bookmark to achieve the requirement:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-bookmarks 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - is myself posting a small mock up pbix with where I am at an option here? I think that demonstrate the problem. I am sure its one that i sencountered all the time. None of the other reading has led me to a solution yet?  Thanks

Hi @Anonymous 

you might consider creating pbix file that will contain some sample data (remove the confidential info), upload the pbix to onedrive for business and share the link to the file. Please do not forget to describe the expected results based on this sample data.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.